The Birth of Super Crip is now available!
Click here to get it in paperback or on Kindle.

I’ve been blogging again at http://robjquinn.blogspot.com. I hope you’ll give it a try. Thanks!

Saturday, January 1, 2005

The Casual Critic — Intro

The Casual Critic offers reviews from an everyday guy’s perspective on books, DVDs, CDs, and more. I’m not big on knowing where this actor studied, what influenced that writer, or the roots of some other guy’s music. I pretty much know what I like or don't like, think I can offer something more worthwhile than the “Yeah, dude, it was alright” you might get when asking a coworker what they thought of something you are considering buying, and hope to offer readable reviews that might entertain my readers along the way.

If it matters, I’ve written for the Philadelphia Inquirer, authored a children's biography on Oscar De La Hoya, and worked as an editor for a local publisher for several years. I'm also the author of some unpublished fiction, and love sports though not as much as I used to.

In a world where “blogging” has made millions instant columnists, the writer in me simply couldn’t resist joining the fray. While the hope that I’ll develop a following of legions of fans that turn my blog into the hottest thing on the web has at least crossed my mind, I’m a bit more realistic than that. Instead, I hope to have a little fun, hopefully entertain a reader or two, and, if nothing else, fulfill any good scribe’s desire to live up to the mantra that writer’s write.

So, I hope you enjoy the column, check back often, and feel free leave a comment to agree, disagree, tell me I'm an idiot, or what a freakin’ genius I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, comments are closed.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.